Saturday, December 19, 2009

HaloScan Demise


OK, here we go once again. A service I have used faithfully for the last four or five years has decided the jump on the Social Networking band wagon! My commenting widget HaloScan has decided to charge a small fee for their services. $9.95 per year is no big deal and I wouldn't mind paying it if they kept things the same, but instead they want to add links to your comments that take them to Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc., etc., etc. Gag me with a pitchfork!

Here's my dilemma:

I've made many changes over the years, often with the hands on assistance of Agent 99, to my templates at my five other blogs. Although I saved the original templates before I switched to HaloScan, most if not all changes have been since that template was created. Therefore I must create this, my 6th blog, so I can import the old original templates to compare with the current ones and try to figure out what code I need to restore to go back to the Blogger Commenting function. I've successfully removed HaloScan at the Test Blog, but I am unable to figure out how to restart the Blogger commenting.

So, you will probably see this site change over time to early versions of any one of the other 5 Bluebear2 blogs.
Arrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

5 comments:

  1. Testing Testing Testing

    Man that's white!

    Hope I can fix that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Blogger Commenting, limited html is allowed - forget the smilies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some unknown reason the invite page is not letting me join this blog. I don't know what that is. Maybe my cookies. I will try to get the comments onto the test blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to find anywhere to change this white background in the edit box.

    ReplyDelete